Fund Mission and Activities
The PCS Capital & Endowment Fund was established to meet financial challenges that charter schools face under New Jersey laws. For example, charter schools may not build facilities with public funds. Through generous contributions from you, the PCS community, the Fund has raised over $2.5 million dollars since 2003. Here is what these donations have provided:
- $500k towards the new classrooms building;
- $1 million towards the $5.8 million campus center;
- revamped playing fields;
- academic summer programs, after-school programs for low-income students, and teacher training and coaching.
What you don’t immediately see but should know is that the Fund:
- Provides a revolving fund to bridge delays in public funds; the Fund is reimbursed when the public funding is received.
- Provides capital for construction projects such as the lower school and campus center buildings; once a certificate of occupancy is granted, public funds can be used for maintenance and operations.
- Guarantees support for student programs if public funding is cut in the future.
You can help PCS continue to build both its programs and its financial security by making your own contribution.
We know that you are proud of the first-rate education that Charter provides each of its students. We ask each of you to join us with your gift.
To make a donation or for more information, please check the PCS Capital & Endowment Fund’s web site.
Please contact Stefanos Damianakis if you wish to discuss a major gift.
Thank you again for your support of Princeton Charter School’s education.
Mission: PCS Capital and Endowment Fund, Inc. was formed to provide funding for long-term improvements to Princeton Charter School facilities, and to provide financial security for the school.
Chairman – Peter Yianilos
President – Stefanos Damianakis
Vice President – Maureen Quirk
Secretary – Helena May
Board Members – Nadia Braun, Rajesh Kumar