The New Jersey Department of Education has granted our request for a 76-student expansion, phased in over 2 years, (54 students for 2017-18) and the implementation of a weighted lottery system to help better diversify our student population.
Princeton Charter School is accepting registration forms for enrollment in the admissions lottery for Academic year 2017-18 for kindergarten through grade 8. The deadline to register for the lottery is Monday, April 3, 2017 by 4:00 PM. The lottery will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 4:00 PM.
Note that Princeton Charter School has extended the deadline to allow for additional outreach and maximum participation in the lottery for the 2017-18 school year.
Click here to register online, English/Spanish.
Click here for admissions registration forms in English.
Click here for admissions registration forms in Spanish. Click here for school information in Spanish
Any family that can provide evidence of ONE of the following criteria will have his/her child's lottery number placed into the lottery TWICE rather than once.
- The child already qualifies for free/reduced lunch at his/her current public school.
- The child lives in Princeton public housing.
- The child lives in Section 8 housing.
- The child or guardian qualifies for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits.
- There are no entrance exams, interviews, costs, or special requirements.
- Princeton Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, or national origin.
- Residents domiciled within the Princeton Public School District are given priority over out-of-district residents.
- Since more students register for a place in the school than there are spaces available, students are selected for admission by random lottery.